Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tom Ford Cheek Color in 01 Love Lust, 02 Frantic Pink, and 04 Savage



Tom Ford makes some of my favorite powdered blushers -- easily on my Top 3 list along with Burberry and YSL. TF blushes are highly pigmented, super blendable, and incredibly long-lasting. I have yet to come across a single blush from his range that does not meet all three standards -- a rarity in the cosmetics world these days. Tom Ford packaging needs no explanation. It exudes class and quality, and it very well should be at $56 a pop for these blushes!


01: Love Lust
Starting off with Love Lust, ie my first Tom Ford blush, and the one that made me fall in love with his entire line-up. I have heard several beauty bloggers and Youtubers refer to this as a more mature version of NARS Orgasm, and I couldn't agree any more. Unlike the infamous O, I don't see as prominent of a golden sheen when Love Lust goes on my cheeks. The shimmer is still there, don't get me wrong, but it is certainly more refined. Also, the lasting power of Love Lust far exceeds Orgasm and with no oxidation whatsoever. This blush is incredibly pigmented, and one tap into the pan is all that one needs for both cheeks. By default, this is the most universally flattering color from Tom Ford's range of permanent blushes, since it is that neutral peachy-coral shade everyone always seems to gravitate towards. I can see this working on the lightest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones, since this (and the rest of his blushes) are very buildable.


02: Frantic Pink
I would call Frantic Pink the 'Tom Ford beginners blush', because you simply cannot overdo this blush. This blush is that angelic pink shade that leans slightly on the warmer side. It looks amazing on very fair skin tones to give a flush of color, and it looks just as beautiful on much darker skin tones as a highlighter. I personally enjoy layering this blush on the apples of my cheeks over a matte blush shade. Like Love Lust, this is a shimmery blush, so a highlighter is unnecessary. However, if you are like me, and enjoy highlighters, I would still suggest finishing off with one. It really pulls the look together, in my opinion. Frantic Pink is one of my favorite blushes to go to when I am sporting a smoky eye or when I am trying to achieve a 'no-makeup makeup' look.


04: Savage
Though it may not seem like so from the pan, Savage is actually my most used blush out of the three. In fact, I had to tell myself to use my other blushes at one point over the Summer, because I kept reaching for this. Do keep in mind this blush is extremely pigmented. Consider yourself warned! It is quite easy to go a bit heavy-handed with Savage, thus, giving the sunburnt cheeks effect -- not too flattering, if you ask me. I cannot recommend using a duo-fiber brush with this particular blush enough; I promise you will still achieve that exotic coppery-bronze look with said brush. Even though it may look like a good bronzer shade in the pan, I wouldn't suggest it, because of the frosty nature of Savage. It's frosty, it's shimmery, it will make you look like a disco ball if you attempt to contour with it. Instead, try placing the blush towards the back of your cheeks and above your contour to give your face a more sculpted look.


(L-R): 01 Love Lust, 02 Frantic Pink, 04 Savage

I couldn't pick a favorite out of the three Tom Ford blushes I own if I had to: all three are lovely in their own ways. Everytime I go back to using one of the blushes, I wonder why I needed the rest of my blush collection. Okay, slight exaggeration but you get my drift. Tom Ford Cosmetics is available at Saks.com, Neiman Marcus, and now Nordstrom.com!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! :) They definitely go on more beautifully on the cheeks.

    ReplyDelete