Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Anna Sui Rose Cheek Color: 100, 300, 301

Let me admit up front that I'm a sucker for packaging. I also love rose-scented anything. Therefore, it should not come as a surprise to anyone that I absolutely adore Anna Sui's makeup line, particularly her Rose Cheek Colors. Within the past six months, my collection has grown quite a bit. (I blame my friend who originally lived in Canada and, thus, had easy access to Anna Sui products for kickstarting my love for these blushes, as she had sent me my first one in #300.)


What I love so much about these blushes is that you can customize each one to your liking effortlessly. It can be coral if you prefer coral cheeks. It can be pink if you want your blush of the day to be on the pinky side. And if you are not feeling like having shimmery cheeks, just work your brush around the shimmer bloom present in each one of her blush. Don't even get me started on how easily these blushes blend! Do keep in mind that since this is an Asian brand, you will not over-apply at first swipe. Instead, you will have to build the colors. Do not confuse this as a less-than-stellar product, however. Buildable doesn't always translate to bad products nor poor pigmentation. Rather, it gives you more control as to how much product goes on the cheeks.



100: Mystic Rose
This is my latest acquisition, and the one that had intrigued me the most. Of all the blushes available from her line, I really feel this truly reflects Anna Sui's fairy theme. What does Mystic Rose do exactly? It's a great blush topper, especially cool-toned blushes, as it tweaks the color just slightly while adding some dimension. I'm hesitant to fully call it a highlighter, since I prefer wearing on my cheekbones layered over other blushes. When applied slightly heavy-handedly down the bridge of my nose, it was very unflattering. It pairs quite nicely with NARS Desire and Gaiety, as well as the next Anna Sui blush I will be talking about...



300: Romantic Rose
Like the name implies, this is a rather rosy blush that leans more cool-toned pink. Most days I prefer swirling my brush onto the entire pan for that shimmery, angelic pink. There are days when I really want that flushed look, in which case, I would just concentrate a smaller blush brush on the lower left hand quadrant. Built up, the color you see in the pan will translate onto your cheeks much in the same manner.



301: Dreamy Rose
Without a doubt, Anna Sui's most popular blush from her line-up. This shade is always sold out, so I would suggest snatching it up whenever you see it available. It is popular for justifiable reasons: it is that peachy pink blush that so many of us (yours truly included) simply cannot get enough of! Admittedly, it is the shade I find to be the most flattering across all skin tones. However, you can get a pretty vibrant orange blush if you focus on the top and bottom right hand corners of the pan.


Swatches: (L-R: 100 , blended; 300 heavily swatched, blended; 301 heavily swatched, blended)


Will I be picking more Rose Cheek Colors? You bet! Not only are they long wearing on the cheeks (well over the 8-hour mark before I notice slight fading), but they do not oxidize either. I am already eyeing her two brand new, limited releases for Spring in the colors Lovely Rose and Magical Rose. These blushes, along with the rest of the Anna Sui line, are available on Beauty.com, Urban Outfitters, and Beautylish.

2 comments:

  1. Dose the shade 100 come out purple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, 100 doesn't come out purple at all! It's more like a cool-toned, silver highlighter :)

      Delete