Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nude Glow

As a highlighter hoarder, I find it appropriate that my first review is for a highlighter. A limited-edition one, that is.

Say 'Hello' to the beauty that is Bobbi Brown's Nude Glow...


What sets this highlighter apart from the rest in my collection is the fact that I can use this as both a highlighter, as well as eyeshadow palette (while incorporating one other transition shadow.) I know her previous shimmer bricks have allowed for both applications, but I've always found it a hassle to go in with a fluffy crease brush without picking up adjacent shades. Nude Glow, on the other hand, was designed for a no-fuss of an eyeshadow application with how the shades are laid out.


The looks one can achieve with this shimmer brick is endless. One can swirl a brush into all four shades or focus specifically on one quadrant. It's a golden highlighter, champagne highlighter, rose gold highlighter, and bronze highlighter all in one. Because of that, it's a great product across all skintones. For a subtle glow, I'd recommend going in with a small duo fiber brush like a MAC 188. For a more pronounced, concentrated highlighting effect, a fan brush.


Personally, I like using this as a standard highlighter, ie on top of my cheekbones, down my nose, Cupid's bow, and a bit on my chin. I lightly dusted it as an all-over face powder the first time I applied this product, and I looked like a shimmery disco ball. That said, the staying power is one of the longest I've come across -- a solid eight hours at the very least! Another plus is that this does not emphasize pores one bit.


Nude Glow is still available at most Bobbi Brown counters, and I can't recommend this product highly enough. I would go as far to say that this is one of the best holiday cosmetics purchases of 2013, and it's found a permanent home in my everyday go-to makeup drawer.

2 comments: