Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Macro-Color 09 Tadzio


If there is one shade I just can't get enough of in my stash of eyeshadows, it would be the color taupe, defined as a "gray with a tinge of brown." Personally, I think it's a chameleon of a shade, especially given the different undertones. Either way, I feel the need to own every single taupe shadow ever released, whether it be cool-toned, warm-toned, neutral-toned, what have you.

*cues entrance music to my latest addition*... Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Macro-Color in #9 Tadzio!


I don't know what Armani did with this new and permanent ETK formula, but it takes the word 'buttery' to a whole new level. It is noticeably creamy, smooth, and pigmented upon first application but without the fallout that goes along with such textured eyeshadows from other lines.


What I love so much about this eyeshadow (apart from the reasons I listed previously) is how fool-proof Tadzio is for those mornings when I need to be out of the house in less than five minutes. With the shimmery, metallic taupe padded onto my lids and blended into my crease, it looked like I had actually put some effort into my eye look by at least incorporating three shadows.


At first glance, it did look like a shadow I had multiple dupes of in my collection. However, I am pleased to say that it is unique in its own ways. While some seemingly neutral-toned taupes actually pull warmer or cooler on the lids/skin, Tadzio stays true to its neutral-toned nature. I have also pulled out some taupes for comparison purposes. As you can see, Cargo Yukon and Chanel Gri Gri both lean cooler, whereas the slightly purplish undertones show through with Inglot 402 and MAC Satin Taupe.


If you are just as big of a taupe fan as I am, Tadzio is a definite must! From the shade to the packaging, I do think that Armani really outdid itself with its new release of eyeshadow singles. The eyeshadows are practically packaged as mini versions of the limited edition highlighters and the cheek fabric blushers. Beyond adorable, if you ask me!

Each eyeshadow runs $32/pop wherever Armani makeup is sold, which is quite the investment -- especially for a single containing 0.14 oz of product. However, if you are a firm believer of quality taking precedence over quantity, I cannot stress giving Tadzio (or any other shades from this range, actually) a go. I promise you won't be disappointed with whichever shade(s) you decide on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment